Need To Know Details[ HOME ]
- The St. Augustine event takes place on February 24 - 27 (Friday to Monday), 2023, arrival on February 23 for meet-up and dinner.
- Upon registration, writers will receive links and passwords to customized novel marketing and development forums as well as the 16-Part Algonkian Novel Writing Program online, both of which address all the major conflict/complication, plot, theme, narrative/voice, dialogue, scene construction, and character arc-and-development issues that will be addressed before, during, and following the workshops.
- Algonkian will pick up the room costs and make all reservations unless attendees wish to secure their own lodging or else reside in the area.
- For more information on the conference agenda click here. If you have further questions, contact us or call 1-800-250-8290.
Who Should Apply?
We wish to interact with writers willing to learn the proper technique, receive honest reaction to their writing, and work towards commercial publication. We consider novel writing to be a calling, not a hobby. We accept published writers, as well as beginners who demonstrate in the application they are serious about writing.
Genres we work with include upmarket/literary, general fiction, women's fiction, SF/F, young adult/middle grade fantasy and non-fantasy, speculative and urban fantasy, mystery (cozy/detective) and thrillers.
Directions and Transportation
Information in this regard, including a map, will be provided in advance, but only to registered writers. The location of the workshop itself will be in Vilano Beach (only minutes from St. Augustine) at a large AirBnB property with ample decks, patio, and big airy rooms with ceiling fans. As noted previously, a photo can be found on the home page labled "The Main House."
Attendees will arrange their own transportation to the Main House where the workshop will be conducted. From there, transport will be provided to locations in the area as necessary so there is no need to rent a vehicle just for the event.
Benefits List and Lodging Options
Full registration for the Author-Mentor Novel Workshop includes:
Writers with their own accommodations will receive all of the above except for the room. If writers have not secured lodging, we recommend AirBnB for a large collection of great properties or Hotwire.Com for discount rates on local inns and motels.
- All workshop sessions.
- Private consults with each professional in residence.
- An individual path-to-publication plan.
- The Algonkian Novel Development and Craft Guide.
- Membership in pre-event assignment forums.
- Post-workshop novel editorial program (see above).
- Cost of a private room in a fantastic residence in Vilano Beach (with full kitchen and group-share house privileges).
- Drinks, continental breakfast, and snacks during the workshop.
- Friends that you'll make for life.
We recommend securing a room in Vilano Beach, however, there are lots of great places to stay just across the waterway in St. Augustine, and only a short drive from the workshop location (the early morning drive to Vilano across the waterway is actually quite stunning).
Algonkian Writer Conferences
2020 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, Ste 443
Washington, DC 20006
Algonkian Home Office:
info (at) algonkianconferences.com
[ HOME ]